The internet and marketing communications go hand-in-hand in today’s fast-paced digital world. It is very important for marketers to understand website terminology to stay up to date on trends for their clients. Here are a few terms that are essential for marketers:
- Responsive Design is an approach to web page creation that utilizes flexible layouts and flexible images. Elements of a website stack vertically as the user’s screen width becomes smaller making for a better User Experience on mobile devices. The goal of responsive design is to build web pages that detect the visitor’s screen size along with orientation while change the layout accordingly.
- UX stands for User Experience can be defined as the whole range of interactions that a consumer has with a company’s website. Ideally, the UX would be very smooth, without bother so that the consumer can intuitively find what they are looking for and easily navigate throughout your site.
- API stands for Application Programming Interface. An API is a set of commands, functions, protocols, and objects that programmers can use to create software or interact with an external system. It provides developers with standard commands for performing common operations so they do not have to write the code from scratch.
- Front end developer is the part of the website that users interact with. That means everything that you see when you’re navigating around the Internet from the colors, designs, layout, fonts to drop down menus and other attributes.
- Back end developer is what the front end development can be attributed to. The back end of a website is where all the data and server communicate in their own language to help collaborate on the front end development.
These terms will help marketers know a little more about the web so when they are collaborating with a web team member.
Is your organization looking for a new cutting-edge website? We can help! Contact us today!
Want to learn more?Subscribe to our mailing list