What does your website look like? Gone are the days when you could update your website once a year and call it “good.” It’s important now more than ever to ensure you have fresh content on your site.
If your business’ website has the following 7 concerns, it may be time to take it to the next level and invest in web design.
- Your website’s content is old. People like to use websites as a platform to stay up on current events and news. This means that the responsibility of providing new content is increasingly important. Web design will allow for a great place to implement this fresh content.
- Your website has poor SEO. SEO generates new audiences by implementing key words and topics to help users find your website easier. The better your SEO is, the higher it will be in search results when people are looking for your product, service or company. Web design can boost your SEO more than you might expect.
- Your website’s not responsive. The number of users looking at your website on their phone or tablet is increasing at alarming rates; responsive design allows them to see your website in an optimal way on their mobile devices. Proper web design is crucial so that all website users can view your information without being distracted by a poor layout.
- Your website’s brand is inconsistent. If your website is not up to date, your branding could be in jeopardy. Your website is the best way to display your values, mission, content, etc. to guarantee your branding is well known. When your branding is accurate, it’s easier to make sure your information is accessible. It’s important that everything is cohesive, spelled correct and easy to navigate. Through web design, your branding can be consistent throughout all the pages.
- Your competitors’ websites are ahead of the game. Ensuring your company can reach your target audience(s) is important, and web design will allow your business to be searchable (this falls in line with SEO – point #2).
- Your website currently uses an old layout. Staying fresh is key in website design. Web design will make sure that your overall look is updated. Using current font types to allow your business to be visible is a part of this. A great template to use is a grid-based design, which allows users to navigate in an understandable way (e.g. navigation bars reading left to right). A good example of grid-based design is Financial One (a website MCCI designed).
- Your website doesn’t have pictures. Manypeople are visual learners. People gravitate towards looking at pictures and videos. We understand, sometimes it’s troublesome to regularly update pictures, but stock photos are available on sites like Shutterstock or iStockfor purchase. However,it’s important to note that if you chose to use stock photography, you should select pictures that match the demographic you want to reach.Web design will let your pictures ‘shine’ by highlighting them in a prominent way, while ensuring that your pages aren’t too copy heavy.
If any of these things apply to your current website, it may be time to consider investing in web design.
What is challenging for your business’ website?
Want to learn more?Subscribe to our mailing list