Fall is in the air (finally!) and I’m sure we’re all thinking fondly of our favorite fall memories. In fact, I already have a favorite fall memory this year: the Digital Summit Detroit. September 22 and 23 were two full days of digital fun in the D at the Max M. Fisher Music Center. Everything from social media, to content market, to digital asset management were covered. Arm in arm with my colleague Erica Bush, here are some things we know are interesting to the industry – and think you should know about, too.
- 93 percent of all consumers use search prior to making a purchase (via Vertical Measure’s Quinn Whissen). This means it’s important to create content promoting your product/service that’s intuitive for someone asking a long-form question. (E.g., Search term: “How do I get the word out about my event?: Your blog post title: “How to get the word out about your awesome event.”)
- 47 percent of emails are opened on a mobile device (via Vertical Measure’s Quinn Whissen). If you’re not already, making sure your email is mobile optimized is crucial.
- The average amount of hashtags for Instagram posts is 11 (according to Eve Mayer of Social Media Delivered).
- 8 percent of holiday email was ignored (according to Michael Barber). Barber shared that people tend to be more responsive to obscure holiday messaging, such as National Dog Day for example.
- Repurposing old blog posts is a great way to continue momentum, particularly when you post at a high volume (according to HubSpot’s Pamela Vaughan).
- There are a lot of great social media monitoring tools out like Ahrefs and Topsy (via our very own Kim Stricker & Billy Strawter)
My love for learning hasn’t wavered and this was a great experience to do just that AND network/hear from interesting vendors. I’d definitely recommend you attend next year!