MCCI, a Detroit-based integrated marketing agency, is seeking an energetic, driven, dedicated full-time Communications Coordinator Intern. The ideal candidate is currently a Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism major, with previous office experience and a passion for learning.
This role is integral to the success of our teams and will work with our Marketing, PR, and Business Development teams, engaging with client contacts, media, partners/vendors, etc. As a hands-on role, this is a prime learning opportunity. There is a possibility, but no guarantee, of full-time employment at the end of the internship.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Developing & customizing comprehensive media lists
- Providing traditional and social media monitoring and comprehensive reporting, with analysis
- Assisting teams with client communications including agendas, scheduling, meeting notes, status reports, follow-up, etc.
- Compiling various types of research including business development, industry/client, project background info, etc.
- Writing quality marketing materials as needed (press releases, media pitch notes, proposals, etc.)
- Editing/proofreading of client-facing materials
Experience / Skills Desired:
- Actively pursuing (and/or recently obtained) a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Marketing & Public Relations processes/practices
- Previous office experience - strongly recommended
- Able to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Unfazed by pivots and adapts easily to changing client/company needs & deadlines
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Unwavering ability to prioritize & meet deadlines
- Desire to learn and always ask “What’s next?”
This full-time intern will work a hybrid schedule (part remote, part in-person) in our Downtown Detroit office. Parking fees will be covered for days in office.
If interested, please send a resume to:
Carolyn Artman, APR, Account Director, MCCI, at email@example.com
Learn more about MCCI: www.mccicorp.com